Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Interesting from Dr Greg Ellis

Below are 9 points proposed by Dr Ellis as an overview to his Anti Aging strategy. He is a controversial character but they are worth reading and thinking about. I agree with some of the points.

1) Exercise, including both weight training and aerobics
2) An absolute reduction in calorie intake, but not to the degree that’s recommended by current-day CR proponents
3)A “relative calorie” reduction, arising from a large output of energy, but not “eating-up” in order to meet the increased energy demand
4)A diet composition that’s low in carbohydrates; high in animal products; but very limited in sugars, grains, fruits, and vegetables
5)The use of homeopathic remedies
6)The daily consumption of several glasses of alcohol (wine preferably)
7)Mind treatments using visualization and affirmations
8)The avoidance of modern medical doctors, except for emergencies
9)No use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications (my last prescription drug was taken when I was 22, 34 years ago), and no use of non-prescription medications (I have no idea when I took my last dose of these, but it was probably before the last prescription drug, above).

2 comments:

Mike T Nelson said...

Pretty good list. I am not sure I am sold on caloric reduction as I am a bigger fan of more muscle and less body fat.
Thanks
Mike N

Scott Storey said...

Not sure about it myself, Although I did read an article on dolfzine from Mel Siff where he discussed how he had reduced Overall calorie intake (including Proteins) and continued to see improvements on the bar and with his physique. Accelerator pedal dieting If I recall correctly.

Scott