Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Deadlift. Why?



Franco Columbu with one of his tune up weights.

The Deadlift might just be the best exercise I have ever done. In 2001 when I discovered the genius of Pavel's Power to the People, I didn't deadlift. Within two months of following the program my arms had grown an inch, body comp changed, fat percentage went down 3%, upper back shape was changed into a V from being previously shapeless and i noticed improvement in my pullups for reps, my running speed and bench press performance for reps and for max weight. My standing military press went up a few pounds aswell. I believe the strengthening of my untrained posterior chain, co-ordination of many muscle groups in the one go and use of high tension from the heavy loads and techniques outlined in the book had the effect of bringing my whole body and CNS up a level so I had a stronger foundation for all my other lifts to spring upward from.

Do yourself a favour, Deadlift.

In Training

Scott

No comments: